About Our Cook-in-Cozy™
- weight: 2.32 oz (66 grams)
- material: coated polyester exterior with padded foil lining for temperature control
- dimensions: custom designed to perfectly fit Packit Gourmet meals
- open - 8.75"w x 8.5"h x 3.25" gusset
- folded - 8.5"w x 4"h x 1"d
- water resistant and wipeable exterior allowing for easy cleaning
- foil insulation for faster meal rehydration while maintaining a higher meal temperature
- folds away for easy storage
- standup-gusseted design helps stabilize meal pouches while steep-cooking
- secure velcro closure
- convenient carrying handle
frequently asked questions
The chart below outlines an experiment conducted by Packit Gourmet employees. It begins with pouring boiling water into a Cook-in-Bag™ trail meal and illustrates the change of temperature to the trail meal as minutes pass — both with a Cook-in-Cozy™ insulating the meal, and without. We found that heat loss is three times greater without the Cook-in-Cozy™!
|Minutes Passed|| |
A great idea - lightweight and works well. Had too many issues on cold nights where a cook-in-bag meal would cool off while it sat for 15 minutes. Left my meals in here on 40 degree nights and they stayed hot. Easy to carry and use. Another great idea!
This product was recommended by a fellow hiker friend. I ended up trying a few of their meals for the first time as well. I emptied the meals into freezer Ziploc bags and took pictures of the cooking instructions. When it was time for dinner, I added water to the Ziploc bags and dropped them into the cook-in-cozy. It was perfect! It's lightweight, heats up more than one meal at a time, and there's no after cooking mess, and does the job. My friends are now purchasing one as well. I highly recommend this product!