About Our Happy Hour Queso Rico Dip
- 2 Serving Backpacking Snack
- Dietary Considerations: vegetarian; gluten conscious
- all-natural dehydrated & freeze-dried ingredients
- 220 calories per serving
- 14 g protein per serving
- Meal Net Weight: 3.5 oz | 100 g
- Meal Includes: seasoned queso mix
- Required: boiling water; BYO-tortilla chips
- Recommended: long-handled spoon; Cook-in-Cozy™
- Insider Tips: Find tortilla chips too delicate to take on the trail? Traditional flour tortillas are also great for dipping. And if you want to "fry" them up into chips you can bring a packet or two of olive oil, cut the tortillas into dipping size and toast them lightly in a fry pan until chip-crisp!
1/2 cup (4 oz / 118 ml) of boiling water to the pouch and stir.
air from pouch; seal and place in Cook-in-Cozy™.
for 10 minutes - massaging occasionally.
Cook-in-Cozy™ recommended but not required.
your Queso Rico with BYO-tortilla chips!
Ingredients & Nutrition
Colby Cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, annatto), Cheddar Cheese Powder ([milk, salt, cheese cultures, enzymes], whey, buttermilk, salt, disodium phosphate [anticaking]), Monterey Jack Cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), Buttermilk (sweet cream buttermilk solids), Greek Yogurt (nonfat milk solids, culture, lactic acid, natural flavor), Diced Red Tomatoes (tomatoes, citric acid, calcium chloride), Jalapeno Pepper, Chipotle Spice (salt, garlic, onion, sugar, spices), Diced Sweet Onion, Tomato Pepper (garlic salt, organic tomato (organic tomatoes, silicon dioxide), annatto, garlic granules, cilantro), Diced Red Shallots, Spices, Lime Juice (corn syrup, lime juice, lime oil), Cilantro, Green Onions
PROCESSED IN A FACILITY THAT HANDLES WHEAT, EGG, MILK, SOYBEAN, PEANUT AND TREE NUT PRODUCTS.
frequently asked questions
This queso was better than I’ve had at some restaurants ! It was a welcomed treat after hiking to the campsite . I enjoyed it with a glass of Merlot in front of a warm fire. Delicious !
This dip is amazing, it was quickly devoured after a day of hiking, will be buying again.
This goes great with the Margarita and Pico de Gallo, great for a happy hour in the back country!
Let me start by saying that it tasted really good!! However, I did not love the texture because it didn’t melt like normal queso. I would suggest you have rolling boiling water and put the pouch in a cook sac to really get it nice, hot, and melted. The taste was right on though!
This was very good, had it as a snack one day while car camping.
My husband and I absolutely LOVE this queso dip! Perfect with some Fritos Scoops *chef's kiss*
Spicy, cheesy deliciousness! Great treat to pull out on the trail.
This is our favorite item we've tried from Packet Gourmet so far. The taste is unbelievable - very cheesy with a nice kick and fresh taste!
just add water
4 Ounces each
Bring Your Own
chips or tortillas